Knowing what to do after a car accident is important. Here is a checklist that includes some handy items that you need to remember.
- Be safe and move to a safe area;
- Determine if there are injuries, if there are injuries requiring immediate assistance, call 911;
- Contact your insurance company to get assistance with your claim, towing, etc…;
- Get the names and vehicle information from those involved in the accident;
- Document everything possible, including the scene, damages, and any attributing factors;
- If you have been injured due to someone else’s driving, be sure to collect all documentation related to your injuries.
- If you have been injured and insurance companies are trying to get you to settle your claim, be sure to contact Wyly & Cook PLLC to ensure that you are getting proper representation related to your legal rights and compensation.
Car accidents in Houston can be costly due to personal injuries, property damage, lost wages, and legal issues. Don’t settle for less than you deserve.
Brad Wyly and Kelly Cook are Houston Personal Injury Lawyers that have the experience and expertise to help you navigate the legal process and any related litigation. Make sure you stay protected. Call (713) 236-8330 or go to http://www.wylylawfirm.com/en-us/contact/ for more information.