The personal injury attorneys at Wyly & Cook, PLLC are looking out for our client’s best interests. We want drivers to be knowledgeable about what to do if they are involved in a car or truck accident. Here are some things to consider:
- Do not leave the scene of the accident and be sure to make sure nobody is hurt.
- Remember to contact the police and/or 911. If your accident ends up in court, you will need official documentation of the incident.
- Keep calm and remember to gather all the documentation that you can in the accident. Do not get talked into leaving the accident or settling matters with just a verbal agreement.
- Document, document, document. Some items that you may need include getting the other driver’s license plate, car make/model, their driver license info, current contact information, and insurance information. Be sure to take plenty of pictures as well.
- If you are injured due to the other driver’s negligence, be sure to contact Wyly & Cook PLLC and see your doctor right away. You will need to document any medical issues that may have arisen from the accident.
These are just some of the items that a driver should be aware of in case of an accident. If you are injured, we recommend that you contact one of our Personal Injury Attorneys right away for a consultation. Make sure you stay protected. Call (713) 236-8330 or go to http://www.wylylawfirm.com/en-us/contact/ for more information.