EVERYDAY DRIVING HABITS THAT CAN CAUSE SERIOUS CAR ACCIDENTS
We encounter careless motorists every day while driving on Texas roads and highways. It is important to understand that even the most “minor” careless driving habits can result in serious collisions with devastating consequences. Not only do these bad habits cost drivers thousands of dollars in repairs and increase insurance rates, but they can also cause serious injuries.
The following are the most common careless driving habits which can cause serious car accidents:
- Using your cellphone while driving. Talking on your cellphone or texting while driving is one of the most dangerous habits for a driver. Due to our dependence on smartphones to communicate with one another, stay updated with current events, or conduct day-to-day activities, accidents involving phones has become an epidemic.
- Speeding. Even a minor increase in speed can make a driver more at risk of being involved in a collision.
- Running red lights. Running red lights can be dangerous for you, other drivers, and pedestrians.
- Failing to use turn signals. Signaling lets other drivers know when you are making a turn or if you are changing lanes. If another driver does not expect you to make a turn or enter a lane, it can cause dangerous collisions.
- Tailgating. Many drivers follow the car in front too closely. In most cases this is due to slow driving. However, tailgating doesn’t give you enough room to brake and can cause a rear-end crash.
- Road rage. We can get angry from time to time. However, driving angry can result in poor decisions and reckless driving.
If you have suffered an injury in a car accident caused by a negligent or reckless driver in Texas, contact Wyly & Cook, PLLC at 713-236-8330 or use the contact form on this web page to request a free consultation with our Houston car accident lawyers today.