ATTORNEY BRAD WYLY
Brad T. Wyly is the owner and president of Wyly & Cook, PLLC. Brad is a life-long resident of the Houston-Galveston area. Brad graduated from O’Connell High School in Galveston, Texas. He attended the University of Texas at San Antonio where he graduated magna cum laude in 3 years. Following undergrad, Brad enrolled at the University of Texas School of Law. Brad excelled in law school and graduated in the top 16 of his class earning the distinction of Chancellor. Additionally, Brad was honored by being selected to the Texas Law Review and Order of the Coif.
Following law school, Brad worked as an associate for the prestigious Houston law firm, Hicks Thomas & Lilienstern (“Hicks Thomas”). At Hicks Thomas, Brad practiced civil litigation representing both Plaintiffs and Defendants. Brad gained experience in various types of cases, including personal injury cases involving defective products, such as asbestos and pharmaceutical drugs and devices; consumer protection cases under the Deceptive Trade Practices Act; and medical malpractice matters.
In 2008, Brad started the Wyly & Cook, PLLC. During his tenure with Wyly Law Firm, Brad devoted his entire practice to representing people and small business owners against insurance companies. Brad successfully resolved hundreds of cases on behalf of injured workers and people seriously injured in motor vehicle accidents. Brad also fought hard for the rights of Texas policyholders against their insurance companies for the wrongful denial and underpayment of insurance claims.
In 2013, Brad partnered with Kelly Cook to form Wyly & Cook, PLLC. Brad continues to fight for the rights of people injured in car, motorcycle, and trucking accident as well as individuals and small business owners whose insurance claims have been wrongfully denied, delayed, or underpaid. Brad has tried cases to verdict throughout Texas in both state and federal court. Brad’s willingness to try cases makes him a strong advocate for his clients.
Brad has earned many distinctions in his legal career. He has been recognized by his peers as a Super Lawyer and Rising Star in the Texas legal community, which no more than 2.5% of Texas attorneys obtain. He has been included in the Top 40 Under 40 in the State of Texas by The National Trial Lawyers and repeatedly selected as one of Houston’s “Top Lawyers” by for 2013-2015 by Houstonia magazine These are all testaments to the fact that his professional competence has been recognized by his peers and leading attorney rating services.
Areas of Practice:
- Catastrophic Injuries & Wrongful Death
- Car, Motorcycle, and Trucking Accidents
- Residential and Commercial Insurance Claims
- Texas, 2003 U.S. District Court
- Eastern District of Texas, 2013
- Southern District of Texas, 2003
- New York, 2013
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
Honors: Top 16 of his Class Earning the Distinction of Chancellor
Honors: Order of the Coif
Honors: Highest Honors
Law Review: University Texas Law Review, 2002 – 2003
- University of Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas, 1998
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Honors: Dean’s List Each Semester
Honors: Golden Key Honor Society
Major: Political Science
Honors and Awards:
- Selected for inclusion in the listing of Super Lawyers® in 2015 and 2016
- Named a Rising Star in the Texas Legal Community by Law & Politics Magazine 6 times 2005-2007, 2012-2015
- The National Trial Lawyers – Top 40 under 40 trial lawyers
- 10.0 Superb Rating by Avvo
- Named among Houstonia Magazine’s “Top Lawyers” in Houston for 2013-2015.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Garland R. Walker American Inn of Court Member
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, 2006 – 2012
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association, 2008 – 2012
Past Employment Positions:
- Wyly Law Firm, P.C., 2008-2013
- Melendez Law Firm, Attorney, 2006 – 2007
- Hicks Thomas & Lilienstern, Associate, 2003 – 2006
Pro Bono Activities:
- Volunteer at Houston Volunteer Lawyers Saturday Legal Advice Clinics, 2014-2015.
- Member, Houston Bar Association’s Speaker’s Bureau, 2008 – 2009
- Co-Chair of Underwriting Committee for Oscar Night in America Event benefitting Houston Ronald McDonald House.
- Kappa Sigma